Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No more Avastin?

I was scheduled to do the next round of Avastin today and then my neuro doc called. Supposedly they presented my case at some conference and ran across another doctor that has been using Avastin. According to the anecdotal evidence, that is very few and far between, they discovered that Avastin might have a risk of stroke and could cause more damage then good a lot sooner than they anticipated. So we canceled today's infusion and scheduled an MRI instead for Monday. My doctor would like to review the MRI and see if the inflammation is gone - if so we will stop doing the Avastin.

So a wait see again. I am grateful that they discovered this new info before anything bad happened to me. I will let everyone know what the MRI says.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
So glad you are settling into your new house and neighborhood. Keep posting pictures of the kids, it is amazing how big they are getting.

Think of you often,
Kathleen