Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June - can you believe it!

Amazing how quickly May passed by. June brings with it the end of therapy for me, the end of another school year for the kids, and one month closer to our new home. I cannot believe Charlotte has completed kindergarten, Lee will be headed to second grade, and Alex is going to turn 3.

No major plans for the summer. If you know me well you know I absolutely love the pool. This wheelchair crap makes going to the pool a big pain in the rear. I have figured out how to lift myself out of the pool but it is getting back into the chair all slippery that is a challenge. Additionally, I am pretty much limited to going swimming with Dave. It is kind of like being a child again and needing adult supervision. Hopefully all this strength training this summer will get me to the point so I can manage the pool on my own. Managing the pool with three kids alone is a whole different ball of wax. Unfortunately Alex didn't acquire a fear of water when I landed myself in a wheelchair so keeping him from drowning trumps my desire to swim.

My MRI got rescheduled for the end of the month. The test will let us know if the myelitis has finally run its course. Pray to God it has. The next hurdle is a couple more years out the entire thing can do damage again. Again pray to God I manage to skip that!

Will keep you update with any news.

2 comments:

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Great blog! I azdded you to my blogroll. Also...Open invitation to you and your readers to participate in the Being Cancer Book Club. This month we are discussing “The Last Lecture” by Randy Pausch. “...the lecture he gave ... was about the importance of overcoming obstacles, of enabling the dreams of others, of seizing every moment (because “time is all you have…and you may find one day that you have less than you think”). It was a summation of everything Randy had come to believe. It was about living.”
Monday is Book Club day; Tuesday Guest Blog and Friday Cancer News Roundup.
Also check out Cancer Blog Links containing over 225 blog links and Cancer Resources with 230 referenced sites, both divided into disease categories.
Please accept this invitation to join our growing cancer blogging community at www.beingcancer.net
Take care, Dennis

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Can't wait to see picture of the new house. I am sure that will bring some peace with it!

Thinking of you!
Kahleen