Monday, May 12, 2008

This is a post I have been dragging my feet to type. My neurologist phoned last week with some unsettling news. I had taken my spinal tap slides up to Hopkins so they could do their own lab work and unfortunately the ever diligent Hopkins staff found signal abnormality in my T6 region. What does this mean? My neurologist said in 90% of the population they would not suspect anything but in my case (history of primary refractory cancer) they have to follow up to rule out cancer. How do they do this? Since I am currently on steroids for my transverse myelitis they need to get me completely off the steroids, wait, then do an MRI. I guess the steroids could skew any test results so it is best to wait. The MRI will be the first week of June.

So all in all it looks like I have a 50/50 chance that the Hodgkin's is back and in my bones. Dave and I are thinking positive and keeping hope alive that it is not cancer and that for once I am just like the rest of the population and this is nothing to be concerned about. Also, my next PET scan is scheduled for June too so we are just taking this in stride - just another scan to confirm that I am in remission.

I know I can handle anything that is thrown my way - I just pray that I only have to deal with these pain/mobility issues and not cancer again.

If you have the time these next couple of weeks keep the thoughts, prayers, good vibes coming - NO MORE CANCER for Heather please! Thank you very much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life makes warriors of us all. To emerge the victors, we must arm ourselves with the most potent of weapons. That weapon is prayer.

___Rebbe Nachman

Those of us who love you, Heather, will always have time to keep you in our hearts, thoughts and prayers.

LZ

Anonymous said...

Heather,
You have been in my prayers from day one and will continue to be. You are a very strong person; I admire you.
Delma (Louise's friend)

Lisa Enright said...

You are always part of my prayers and will continue to be. The news is a bit of a setback but nothing you can't handle. Keep up your positive thoughts and enjoying every minute!

Anonymous said...

praying for you!!!!!!!!!
- Kristen

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather. I hadn't heard from you on email so I thought I'd check in on your blog to see how you were doing.

I'll be thinking about you and keeping you in my thoughts, hoping for nothing but good news.

I loved the video of your Mom's 60th, tell her I said hello. Love all the photos of your family as well.

Sheila sj1026(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

Heather,
You, Dave, and all the little z's are in my prayers. You are an amazingly strong woman and I will only think NO CANCER FOR HEATHER!!!

Kathleen

Duane said...

Hi Heather,

I wanted to update you on the Sloan newsletter. Your entry was selected, so it will be in it. It won't be distributed until June 10th.

If you e-mail me, I'll send you the pdf of the newsletter.

With love and best wishes,
Duane