Saturday, June 14, 2008

Update

Remind me never to have a meeting on Friday 13th again! Not because we had awful results but we had to wait FOREVER which is torture when you are waiting to find out if your cancer is back. Anyway it was somewhat no news......my doctor needs to scan my slides in to do some exact measurements but from just looking at it he does not think it is cancer. In the meantime we wait for these exact measurements to verify and I also have a PET scan in the next couple weeks. The PET would say for sure if the cancer is back. I got some meds for my pain due to the crap on my spine and he is hooking me up with physical therapy to help my walking. Actually he said a lot of people are very successful with the physical therapy and can walk normal again - that would be nice.

So more watching and more waiting which is the story of my life. I am completely mentally spent when it comes to these tests and waiting on the results. I am not big on patience nor do I do well with the unknown. I just need to continue to put my faith in gods hands and pray that he is going to take care of me.

I will keep everyone up to date on the medical stuff once I know more myself.

Enjoy the weekend and have a wonderful fathers day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather:

Don't sell yourself short....you have put up with a great deal and with such grace that would put most of us to shame. I hope you, Dave and munchkins have fun on Father's Day and go for that PT...it works! The bummer is you have to do the exercises they give .....it does not work any other way but with your will .....I have no doubt you will succeed. Love you BIG. Aunt Joyce

Anonymous said...

ALWAYS THINKING OF YOU HEATHER.

KEEP POSITIVE!!

GREAT PHOTOS!

LOVE, EDNA & CO. XXX

P.S. FATHERS' DAY IN THE U.K. AS WELL TODAY.