Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Oxygen

I began the oxygen treatments on Monday. My first session was cut short since my symptoms started to flare and my overactive bladder made me get out of the tube to pee. Today I managed to hang on the entire 2 1/2 hours but barely....even with meds the docs prescribed to help. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can stay in for the duration without feeling like I am going to pee my pants. My doctor said we will give this treatment 1 week and then assess the situation and see if the cytoxan is a better option.

My mobility sucks big time. Walking is very unsteady for me and it is best for me to be wheeled around when going long distances. I still cannot drive and it is painful to bend, reach, and pick up stuff.

We have hired full time help for the kids in the home since I am gone durining the morning hours getting treatments and then wiped out from all the walking afterwards. Essentially I just can't keep up anymore.

Today is Charlotte Marie's big 5 year old birthday. We had a little pre celebration at my mom's cabin over the weekend since my mom is out of town today. She got a princess boom box and a Hannah Montana cd. We are officially in Hannah Montana mode and Charlotte wants to be a rock star just like her!

I was recalling earlier that this time last year I was hospitalized for Charlotte's birthday. So I guess thing are crappy for me physically but at least I get to be home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to Charlotte! I love how she shares your middle name - so special.

Please know that even though I'm 1200 miles away I'm thinking about you. I wish I was closer, if I was I'd help out in any way I could.

And I mean that.

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Heather, you are amazing!
I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
I can't believe Charlotte is 5 years old-wow!!

I think about you often,
Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather: I hope Charlotte liked her pink outfit....glad you Mom was with me to get the right size. 5 whole years...and Lex is almost 2. WOW. And how was the tree house? A big hit I imagine! As long as Alex does not decide to "jump" down! Wish we were closer. John has to go to Bejiing in October so maybe I will come spend some time with you and the munchkins while he is gone. Will check with your Mom's schedule. We think of you every day..... Aunt Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

I just checking in on you through your blog. Hang in there, things will get much better for you.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

La'Shaune (Prospect co-worker)