Friday, January 16, 2009

Thank you Michele

So I have to say a big thanks to Michele for telling me about Jill Bolte Taylor. Oprah has a web cast with her on her soul series and she is on you tube with the ted conference.

So much of what she says relates directly to my life these past years; living in the now, silencing brain chatter, what I need to heal, and what I need to achieve my goals. When she speaks about being in the hospital and encountering people that don't have positive energy and are not showing up 100% to help her - wow! That has happened to me so many times. The other end of that spectrum is some of the wonderful therapists, doctors, nurses, family members, and friends that are totally supporting me.

She says something so perfect - "trying to try is everything"

This is what I have been doing these past years. Simply showing up to try. Trying to give life to Alex, trying to survive, trying to breathe, trying to wiggle my toes. I guess it is all just simply trying to live. I have achieved so much. When I think this way I get excited about what else I have yet to experience. Good stuff.

Thanks again Michele.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather: You are the Queen of "trying to try" I know sometimes it was/is tempting to toss in the towel for many people who are faced with far less than you have had to deal with. As I have said before, you are an amazing person in so many ways. Love you big. Aunt Joyce