Thursday, January 29, 2009

We have a contract!

Finally - we have a contract on the house. We have made it through the home inspection, the appraiser came out today, and we close at the end of Feb. Knock on wood, cross your fingers (and toes), and pray to god that this deal goes through without a hitch so we can move on with our lives.

Not only did we finally sell the house but we found a new place to call home. We have decided to purchase a new home on Kent Island. Yes that is still in Maryland for everyone not in our area and no (mom) it isn't in Guam. So as you can gather my mom is not thrilled with the prospect that I am moving her 3 grandbabies farther away but she is happy for me that I will finally get to live in an accessible place. We will finish out the school year in Silver Spring and move over the summer. The kids are surprisingly excited and ready to move. I think all the days and weekends spent looking for a house and keeping ours pristine for showings has worn them down. Today at breakfast they said they wanted to move now and not wait. Go figure....now we have to explain how a house gets built.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no, but that's an hour away ! (I just googled it) aw but it sounds like a great place! Congrats :)

Kibbie said...

Heather we have a million pictures of our house being built if you want to show the kids :)

My advice is go out there as often as you can and take pictures of the process!

Anonymous said...

MAZEL TOV!!

HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT !!

MUCH LOVE & GOOD LUCK, EDNA

Jessica Jordan said...

Hooray! I can't wait to see pictures and hopefully we can SEE the new house when we are there this summer. Thanks for your encouragement for me this week too. If anyone can be a roll model of faith and pretty much awesomeness, it's you. I recently came across a website that's theme is: don't be sad, be awesome. I'm rollin' with that motto.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What an exciting time in your lives...

Sheila J.

Lisa Enright said...

YEAH! I am so happy for you! It's nice to open up your blog and read such positive news!! Keep up with the positive energy...I can feel it coming through the computer! :) lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats..I am so happy for all of you!

Anne

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful there. Hope you can relax and enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Heather: Yippppeeee! Skippppeeee! Great news. So, you need some mover hands? Just give us a holler. I can pack and un pack with the best of them. Aunt Joyce