Friday, April 3, 2009

We moved and a trip to the ER

We made it! The move was painful but we made it to the other side and are now in Kent Island, MD. The rental home is better for me then the old house in Silver Spring. I can sleep in a real bed, use the shower, get in and out of the house with the use of a ramp, and finally got my hand controls in the car.

Life was rolling along wonderfully Sunday; sunny day, new place, taking walks with the kids. Then Monday morning I drove up to therapy (first time driving myself) and ended up with a fever and an ambulance ride to the Hopkins ER. I was admitted back to my home away from home with pneumonia and stayed there until Thursday.

I am back in our place. I am still tired and feeling a bit worn down but happy to be out of the hospital.

Life is such a roller coaster.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

You never cease to amaze me! Always trying to be positive & looking at the bright side despite all the obstacles in the way!

WHAT A TERIFFIC GIRL/WOMAN YOU ARE!!PROUD TO HAVE YOU AS A NIECE!!

Much love, Edna

Lisa Enright said...

I was saddened to read about another trip to the hospital for you. I read these words from Romans 12:10-11 and thought of you...

"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

You remain positive despite your roller coaster...You continue to be an inspiration to many.
You and your family remain in my prayers...lisa