Monday, March 16, 2009

Avastin done!

Finally the next round of Avastin is done - only 1 month behind schedule thanks to insurance. Michele got to cart me up to Baltimore at the crack of dawn to get my open gym time on the FES bike (the bike that zaps my legs and turns the pedals for me) done then we had to kill some time before the Avastin drip. We got back to Silver Spring around 4 PM and I was exhausted.

I begin therapy again this Wednesday and plan to switch up to a Wednesday/Friday schedule. I have also gotten off my duff and scheduled my next PET scan for April. I am WAY behind, it was supposed to be taken care of back in October. I am feeling pretty positive that I am still dancing with NED (no evidence of disease) but I have to actually get the deed done even though I completely dread waiting on the test results. Between the MRI test results and PET test results I might consider using the Valium they prescribed me to lower my anxiety.

Still no temporary housing and only 13 days left in our house. You can imagine Dave and I are stressed out. I cannot even begin to go into the entire saga of what this rental house search has become. Let's just say finding a home for a family of 5, with a mom in a wheelchair, a dog that is 80 lbs (okay I am being kind to Maple), and a short term lease is a challenge. Everyone send your prayers, good vibes, and positive thoughts that something will turn up soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! on the Avastin being done. Hopefully you will find something on the housing side. When is your new place supposed to be ready? I know your Mom's place is really hard on you as you woudl have to stay on the lower level to have a restroom close by. And I seem to recall that Mic's furniture is stored down. Get those tests done and behind you! So exciting that you are using the glider! Aunt Joyce

Anonymous said...

HI HEATHER & CO. GREAT NEWS ABOUT THE AVASTIN!

THINKING ABOUT ALL OF YOU AND KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED THAT YOU FIND A "ROOF OVER YOUR HEADS" SOON! HOW MANY MORE CHALLANGES AHEAD? I SUPPOSE HEALTH COMES BEFORE HOUSE BUT BOTH ARE ESSENTIAL!

MUCH LOVE, EDNA & CO.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have been out of the loop for a while working on the proposal from hell (OMAR), but now I'm back. Very exciting about the house, but so far away. I hope it is everything you want. I am available to help pack stuff or take kids out for ice cream (I am much better at this than packing!!)-just let me know when things are happening.

Good luck,
Kathleen