Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring


Long time since my last post and we have been busy. I completed my latest round of therapy up in Baltimore and am doing my home program. It is pretty intense and takes up to 3 hours a day to complete.


I accomplished a big goal for me and our family - we flew to CA for spring break with the kids. One of the only perks of Dave's crazy travel schedule is free hotel rooms and plane tickets.....so we cashed in and took the kids to Disneyland, Palm Desert, and San Diego for spring break. We hooked up with my dad and stepmom at Disney and in the desert. Flying was a lot easier than I thought and now Dave and I feel confident that we can travel anywhere again.


I just had my neuro follow up this week and the damage/inflammation to my spinal cord looks better. My doctor doesn't want to get too optimistic since I guess MRI's are very subjective but she can say without a doubt it is no longer getting worse. Thank God. That news in itself has taken so long to get that I was losing hope there for a little while. She also said my spinal cord looks good and she can see the fibers. So there is still a lot of hope that my therapy can retrain my spinal cord to move my legs again one day.


I am happy spring has sprung, the kids are healthy, Miss Maple is still kicking, and Dave is gainfully employed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

So wonderful to read your positive posting! Have missed reading your blog!

As always, your English relatives are thinking about you & the family.

Love, Edna

Anonymous said...

Hey, just thinking of you and wanted to say hi! Summer is great at my house because there is no homework! Olivia got into U of MD and will be going in the Fall and Savannah will be going to Salisbury in the Spring. She choose not to go to WVU, she is more of a beach gal than snow bunny! The other 3 are still in high school and very hormonal!! Hope you and your family have a great summer.

Take care,
Kathleen