Monday, December 8, 2008

Another year passes by

I turned 34 on Saturday. My dad and sister were in town to help us celebrate at my mom's house. It was a very nice birthday and it was wonderful to see my dad. He drove me up to therapy on Friday and got to see me in action and see me lift my left ankle.

My therapist wants to put me in leg braces this week since standing comes before walking I guess I need to learn to stand again. I was able to lift myself pretty much into a standing position on Friday.

I didn't attend therapy today to attend the funeral of the daughter of an old coworker of mine. The pastor did a nice job and there was a lot of support in the church to help the grieving family. The pastor gave me another reminder to live for the moment. A lesson I feel like god has personally designated for me some days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy belated :)

Jessica Jordan said...

Glad you had a good bday. Talked to Michele this weekend. I miss you all! ~ J