Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving, standing, and walking

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and obviously we gave thanks to our health and happiness. Although I am going on 3 years of dealing with my medical drama I can't let a Thanksgiving go by without being happy to be alive.

Since I have begun rehab at KKI I have had more movement in my toes and recently movement in my left ankle. My therapy includes strength training, electrical stimulation while biking, standing in the stander (a machine that helps hold me up) and yesterday we did the gait walker which imitates me walking with the help of the therapists. I am worn out after therapy but it is good to see forward progress.

I am dealing with new insurance woes and fighting the recent denial of my next Avastin treatment. My docs are appealing and doing everything they can to get the new insurance to cover the treatments. Hopefully we will get some good news soon. I have a lot of faith in these treatments giving me an extra edge to get me walking again.

My dad is coming to town this weekend and I hope to get the Christmas tree up. I love Christmas and the kids are getting excited. Alex sees Santa and says HO HO HO. Too cute.

No comments: