Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sickness

Just about everyone in our household has been sick. It started with me. I was down for an entire week. Of course Dave was out of town and my mom and his parents had to come in to help out. Then Charlotte got hit with strep throat. Next up is Lee with strep throat - he is still home hanging out missing school. Dave had a bad cold while he was away. I am just waiting on Alex to get strep then we should be done. I have pretty much been stuck in the house sick or with sick kids for about 2 weeks. I am going crazy!

In the meantime, I am waiting on insurance to approve my next Avastin treatment. I am past due for the drip at this point and just waiting. I hate waiting on the final approval (pray it comes through). I am also past due on my MRI and PET Scan. Hopefully I can get back on track medically soon.

I have no clue where the month of Feb. went. We settle on the house next Thursday. Thank god we managed to sell our home in these bleak economic times. After we settle we can get the new house underway. Since the new home won't be finished until June we will rent back for one month and then move into an apartment for the remainder. The idea of moving twice is painful but this way the kids get to finish out their school year and then we make a clean break over the summer.

I am hoping to get back to therapy next week since I have missed so much with all this sickness. Hopefully I will have had the Avastin and therapy will bring some new cool movements.

Stay healthy.

1 comment:

Jessica Jordan said...

Sorry about all the sickness. I think the entire state of Oregon has had this awful GI bug this winter ... entire families fighting over who gets to worship the porcelain thrown, yuck! Some un-lucky friends have had the bad cold AND the tummy bug at the same time. We were lucky enough to get them one after another rather than both at the same time. I hope the little z's are on the mend. Keep us posted on the Avastan etc. Love ya ~ Jess