Saturday, March 7, 2009

Denied

That was expected - my new insurance denied my avastin treatment. We are going to use Dave's company to override them and get it done since I am way behind. I know we have this option I am just annoyed that the new insurance sucks so much. They recently sent a denial of my wheelchair expenses and are requesting more documentation to justify the need. HELLO I cannot walk - isn't that good enough?

I managed to track my new neurologist down and got my latest MRI results. The inflammation is still going down which is great news. Compared to my latest MRI there wasn't a huge difference but compared to the ones in August (when all this started) there is a drastic change. My neurologist only wants to do 4 more treatments. After that we can revisit but she said the harmful effects of this drug just become a reality if you take it too long. Enough said....I do not want a brain hemorrhage thank you.

I asked if hopefully this was the end of the deterioration phase for me and she said we cannot tell since we stopped it short and didn't let it run its natural course. Also she said 4 years post radiation I could also have more issues.

So a mixed bag news. All of this on top of the whole moving thing, Dave's travel and you can pretty much say I am stressed out.

Things will settle down I just need to have faith and keep moving forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Always thinking about you & marvelling at you strength and resilience!!

Lots of love, Edna & co.