Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween and the rest of the week

Lee had his Halloween parade at school, a party and then we went trick or treating with the cousins.
Pictures of Lee's class, Lex trick or treating, and Lee/Charlotte with Dad on Halloween night.


The kids seem to be home more than at school lately. Our school system (smartly on their part) schedules a teacher work day after Halloween - so Lee had to stay home. He was quite annoyed that I ran errands all day and he had to come with. He seriously thought I sat at home all day and watched tv. Granted I am supposed to be resting more than running around but seriously we all know how good I am at resting - I suck at it.

The kids get baptized tomorrow at church. They are excited and Dave and I are happy to be getting them on a spiritual path. My church has been wonderful to me and our family during this cancer ordeal. We all feel so welcome and at ease there. My sister, mom, and Dave's mom are coming to see the service. Charlotte and I made a cake tonight to celebrate afterwards. Charlotte keeps saying she is going to church tomorrow to get a bathrobe. I have no idea where she got it from but she is clearly confused about how much water is involved!

Medically I am tapering down on the steroids more. I lowered my dose today and really felt the difference. I actually slept in and let Dave do morning duty. I always do morning duty since I like the mornings, breakfast, and Dave is a pill when he doesn't get sleep. I have such a love hate relationship with steroids. They are definitely making me swell. It's like I am retaining water and I am puffy - that is the hate. But I love the energy they give me. Oh well I guess you can't have it all. I need to work on getting my energy up naturally with exercise and a good diet. All in time I suppose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all of you are doing well.
I had fun when I played with you it was fun. From Maya.

Maya and I read your blob each week and she wanted to write as well (took 10 minutes for 2 sentences :)) Just thinking about you and the family. Congrats on the Baptism's. Jessica

Anonymous said...

Greetings to all. I wish I could have been there today for the special occasion. I know Aunt Michele, Grandma and Nana were all there to support you. Love to you all. Aunt Joyce