Monday, November 5, 2007

Study for Alex

I heard back from the doctor in NJ that is doing the study on babies exposed to chemo. Essentially they are doing developmental testing on children whose mothers had chemotherapy during pregnancy and will compare them to women diagnosed with cancer who didn't need chemo until after delivery.

Initial findings look good and they hope to show children are doing well so that other women will not decline life saving treatment. I would have given my left arm for this kind of information when I was diagnosed pregnant. None of the doctors could give me any concrete evidence to work with. It was all so anecdotal and such a leap of faith. Interesting how that the faith thing keeps coming up.

So hopefully Alex will pass with flying colors. He will at least get extra credit points for daredevil technique.

No comments: