Sunday, November 23, 2008

International Center for Spinal Cord Injury

One week down and about 50 more to go? My first week at KKI was good. My goal is to walk again one day and they are going to try to make it happen. I do about 2 hours of strength training and stretching. Then we do electrical stimulation on my legs in conjunction with a motorized bike. The goal is to regain my muscle mass in my legs so once I start to walk again I have something there to help me. Once I pass a bone density test they will start putting me in the stander. It will be a weird sensation since I haven't stood in over 3 months.

We are trying to schedule my next avastin treatment for this Friday. Just waiting on the new insurance to give the green light.

The house still won't sell and we are beginning to think about what it will take to make our place work. The list is very long but if this is where we are meant to be then so be it.

It is amazing the holiday's are upon us. Time flys by when your having fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather-

Great news - sounds like a progressive and aggressive course of therapy!

Wasn't sure if your other email was still active and for the life of me cannot find your cell phone;
I wanted to check in as once again I’m in DC next week for work and wanted to see if you all would be up for a visit Wednesday (12/3) evening. Unfortunately, it’s the only night we have off (I’m in/out this trip), but I also know it’s a therapy day and could be bad timing for company. No problem whatever you decide.

My email is anne@ktb.org, cell 512.779.355o or 512.478.8813 (work)

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, cheers from Austin!
Anne

Jessica Jordan said...

Hope you had a great thanksgiving!