Wednesday, January 16, 2008

+365

Today is the 1 year anniversary for my transplant. A year ago today I really was in a fight for my life. I was determined to get better and return to a normalcy or as I said a carefree life in my post a year ago today. Since I have learned that there is no going back but just "keep moving forward" (to quote Meet the Robinsons). My life has been forever changed by this illness and in a good way. I don't take as much shit for granted, I still try to live in the moment and succeed some days, and I am learning to roll with the punches.

I am healthy today - okay just some minor lung stuff to wrap up - but really in such a better spot then before. Those bags of cells gave me back time to hang out with my kids, get to know Alex, and be with my family. A lot packed into some little bags and a drip.

So thank you god for giving me my life so I could have those lovely cells and allowing me another year to enjoy them.

3 comments:

Louise said...

You're my hero!

Lisa Enright said...

Happy Anniversary, Heather!

Here is a really great quote I enjoy reminding myself of every once in a while:

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
~Robert Breault

Anonymous said...

Wow I remember those days last January. Checking your blog was the first and last thing I did each day. We prayed so hard. Praise God for His healing and for this amazing year. Yes, it has been ridiculously hard, but like you implied, who cares about the hardships as long as you are here and can appreciate each day. I had a great talk with your sister yesterday, and it was fun to reflect on this time last year and just the whole 2007 in general. What a year. I have also been so much better about just appreciating each day. Now that I have Tyler, each day seems SO precious I can't even stand it. Anyhow, I am rambling ... it is the lack of sleep. Love you guys and congrats Heather. You rock. ~ Jessica