Monday, February 11, 2008

My Obama baby

Alex and I went to the Obama rally here in MD today. Alex was such a trooper and hung out for such a long time waiting on the big man. The crowd began to get really loud, doing the wave, and cheering. Then Obama came onto the stage and the crowd went wild. It was at this moment I realized that Alex LOVED the crowd and I think he thought they were cheering for him. He was waving his arms and was utterly joyful. I told him maybe someday he could fill a stadium but today wasn't it. Then in typical Alex fashion he went from cutie pie to little devil and we had to leave.

Walking away I was obviously moved by the speech (what I got to hear that is) and the enthusiasm of the crowd. But to be honest I was just thankful that I could attend. I have come a long way from being exiled to my home, banished from my own kids, and holed up in my bedroom.

Life is good - thank god.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alex the politician? The kid may like pasta but he looks like Klooz Dutch Boy is I ever saw one! What a cutie. the family picture is great....Heather with hair! YES Aunt Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have just been catching up on your life and I am exhausted and inspired. Heather you are an amazing woman who I can learn alot from!!!

Thinking of you,
Kathleen

Duane said...

Life is good. :)

I'm so happy to see that things are going so well for you and your family.

Wishing you continued strength and health!