Wednesday, February 27, 2008

good grief!

Yesterday involved 2 doctor's appointments for me....first to confirm with my ENT that I have a sinus infection. He doesn't think (that I had assumed) my infection is just back because I am off the steroids. However it is a lovely side effect from my sickness over presidents day weekend. Supposedly viral infections can linger and turn into other such nonsense! How many times must I pay the price for my obvious poor judgement last Valentine's day - exposing myself to every germ out there. So another round of meds ordered by my ENT. I must say once again that I LOVE my ENT. He got to meet Alex for the first time yesterday. Without this doctor finding my cancer who knows what would have happened. I am getting off track.

Next (unscheduled) doctor's trip yesterday was to my regular doc which I do not have anything nice to say and will leave it at that. However I had to make a run to her office after shutting (yep not just slamming) my finger in the truck door. Dave is still wondering how I managed to do it - I blame it on seriously low energy and lack of good sleep. So they think I sprained it but not broken. And oh yeah don't use the finger (on my right hand) to lift anything. Please I have 3 children. And by the way get an x ray to make sure it isn't broken....sure in all my spare time.

I am done with doctors for the week and will get the x ray once Dave starts to holler and the thing turns blue. Otherwise I am steering clear of the white coats before the next round of appointments is upon me.

Alex and I have been visiting Grandma this week to help her recover from her surgery. I get be the nurse and not just patient for once. Dave is heading out to CA this weekend for a week long trip. Not much else to write plus I need to lay off the gimp finger - what a dumb ass I am.

1 comment:

Jessica Jordan said...

You are doing a fabulous job typing, I would have never guessed you were down to 9 digits. In college I broke my middle finger ... yeah that was a fun splint to wear for 4 weeks.

Send my love to your mom. Enjoy being a nurse, it's a great job :).