Friday, November 14, 2008

Date is set for therapy!

Finally my insurance woes are all cleared up and they set the date for rehab up in Baltimore. I will start next Monday and go M/W/F each week for 12 weeks. They will re-evaluate me after 12 weeks and then adjust the plan accordingly. Mind you I won't be walking in 12 weeks but that is the cycle in which the evaluate folks.

We may have found a house out near Dave's parents. I am excited but cautiously optimistic since we can't seem to sell our place. We are giving it one more try this weekend with a new reduced price and open house. If we don't get an offer before the holidays we are taking it off the market and trying again in the spring. Maintaining a super pristine house with 3 kids and a lady in a wheelchair is not an easy task.

We are headed to my mom's cabin to get a break and let the house be shown to its hearts content. The price adjustment has already lead to a showing tomorrow morning.

Even if the house never sells we both recognize that we are blessed to have a home, 3 healthy kids, I am not in the hospital, and Dave is gainfully employed. Although our house is a pain in the butt it could be a lot worse.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That’s the attitude, Heather … we all must be grateful for the blessings we have. You don’t ever want to lose sight of what is constant and beautiful in your life, like those three beautiful and healthy children and the good guy who is your husband, my son, not to mention family and friends who love and admire the strength that you’ve shown, thus far.

Everything will be fine, and work out as it should because of the special person that you are.

LMZ

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Best of luck with the rehab. I know you will give it your all.

Happy to do some holiday shopping for you and Dave. I would actually love to do it-all my kids want is money and I miss going to the toy stores. Call me, 240-499-4145 so I can get a list from you!!

Thinking of you always,
Kathleen