Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New outlook

I had my first appointment at Kennedy Krieger Spinal Cord Institute last week. They have a completely different mind set from my former rehab - simply they believe I will walk again. Granted they are not making any promises but they are going to work with me towards that common goal. It might take a year but they are hopeful that I will ditch the wheelchair one day. The doctor I meet with was very knowledgeable and light years ahead of the doctor I had at the inpatient rehab. I should start the program in mid November, will go 3 times a week, for 3 hours each day. They say it is like boot camp and I will be exhausted at the end of the day. Okay with me as long as I am working towards something positive.

Dave and I both went to the school for Lee and Charlotte's Halloween parade and parties. Lee was some Star Wars character, Charlotte was Hanna Montana, and Alex was Thomas. All of which they are completely obsessed with at the moment. The cousins and neighbors came over Halloween night for pizza and then headed out to trick or treat. They got a ton of good candy not like the crap I would pick up in my youth.

Dave and I spent the entire weekend looking for a house and still nothing that excites us. We are pretty much searching all over MD at this point. The housing situation continues to frustrate me beyond belief. If we don't find something and sell before Thanksgiving we are going to pull the house off the market for the holidays and put it back on in the spring.

2 comments:

Kibbie said...

I'm sure when you do find a house it will be the perfect one for you and your family... I honestly believe things have a way of working out for the best, even if it seems impossible in the moment.

Anonymous said...

It was good seeing you at Woodlin for the Halloween parade, though somehow I missed seeing Lee in his costume. Did he have a mask on? I barely got to see Elizabeth--they were really moving them quickly! My friend Wendy told me that she saw you on your way to St. Luke to vote, was impressed at your determination. I told her I wasn't surprised.

I hope your new chair arrives soon. When I read about the more positive attitude your new doctor has about your walking again, I got teary. See you at church soon, I hope. Candace