Friday, November 7, 2008

Insurance

As many of you know Dave's company was bought out by a larger tree care company. Due to this our insurance changed on Nov. 1. We were excited since it should be better coverage, no more referrals, and allow me to do tests/blood work up at Hopkins. However we had a huge scare the other night when the coordinator for the new rehab facility emailed saying there was a pre-existing waiting period of 1 year. Dave and I freaked out! We resolved the issue (knock on wood) last night but for a day my mind was reeling on what this could do to us if they didn't waive the clause. Considering everything about me is a pre-existing condition something like this would bankrupt us. I had been rather indifferent about the entire health care coverage issues being knocked around by the presidential candidates. I still believe it will be very difficult to implement a system to include everyone but boy do I see the need for it now. If Dave was to ever lose his job we would be screwed.

On the brighter side I think my new wheelchair will arrive by my birthday; possibly before Thanksgiving but that is a stretch. You don't even want to get me started on the entire wheelchair saga. Let me just say that it is disgusting how some wheelchair dealers treat the disabled. It is amazing that some can take advantage of people in difficult situations.

So we hit the pavement again this weekend to look for a house. Still no luck but maybe something will happen - you never can tell.

No comments: