Friday, July 27, 2007

Going home

Finally they are releasing me. Oddly enough I had the nicest room for this hospital stay; a corner suite overlooking the inner harbor. Maybe they saved the best for last and I shall never return.

So I had my second bronoscopy yesterday. I don’t remember a darn thing and love the anesthesiologist. The docs got what they needed and again it is a waiting game to see if any valley fever grows. In the meantime, I get to go home and wait for any fungus and bacteria to grow in the depths of this hospital. I can’t imagine having that job. My cough is getting better and I can breathe sitting around without oxygen assistance so there is no need to keep me. My oxygen levels drop a bit when I am active so I think they are going to hook me up with a tank at the house. I have to stay on my meds for a couple of weeks and have some follow up appointments and scans. I suppose I need to follow doctors and mom/dad/mom in law/dad in law orders to chill out for while. It is always hard to chill when you have 3 kids at home. Thankfully Alex’s daycare provider is back next week and preschool is open. I can squeeze in some downtime in between kid duty.

I am still striving to get back to the office – at least part time. I feel like it is this last hurdle I need to jump to get back on the path of normalcy. Not to mention I have the best co workers/office/director in the world to be so darn patient with me. It would be nice to go back and actually do my job for them.

Dave is home for about a week before he has to travel again. It will be nice to have all 5 of us at home for a little while. It seems like summer is slipping away and Lee will be off to kindergarten way too soon. When did my baby get old enough to ride a school bus without me?

1 comment:

Louise said...

Leland? My Leland, going on a school bus, oye veh, no way!! How did that happen, how did he get so big so fast, that he can ride a school bus. Time does fly.

Anyway, daughter-in-law, so happy you're going home. David, Lee and Charlotte will be so excited to have you home. And Alex will be back home where he truly belongs, with his mommy, daddy and brother and sister.

He's been a joy to have this week, Dan and I will surely miss him. Not so much Bootzie, as Alex insists on following her wherever she goes. I think Bootzie will welcome some quiet time around here.

See you soon ... and yes, listen to the old folks, chill awhile before you start multitasking.

Love ya,

Louise