Wednesday, July 25, 2007

In the Hospital Again

For all of you wondering where in the world Heather is ... she was admitted to the hospital last week for a lung infection. Despite having been in for nearly a week (and sadly missing Charlotte's fourth birthday), the physicians do not know exactly what type of infection it is or what to do about it. The possibility of lung cancer was raised and then discarded (THANK YOU GOD) and now the physicians are trying to rule out the possibility that Heather contracted Valley Fever when she visited Arizona at the beginning of the month. I doubt it is Valley Fever, because my understanding as a former Arizonan is that one would have to go dirt biking in the desert and maybe lick the desert floor in order to contract this - but, hey, I am not a doctor. Given that Heather hates staying in the hospital, she is pretty frustrated with the lack of both a diagnosis and prognosis. I think comic relief is the order of the day so give her a ring on her cell if you have a second! Michele

1 comment:

Lisa Enright said...

Sorry to hear you're in the joint again! Just when you think you are in the clear....I was really looking forward to seeing you this weekend at Nikki's house. I hope you get some answers....and soon! I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you.