Saturday, July 28, 2007

Home

I am happy to be home. Alex and I both got back to the house yesterday afternoon. Dave made us pasta for dinner and we all sat at the table for a meal - FINALLY!

The doctors sent me home with oxygen support. My oxygen levels are good when I am sitting still and mildly active. Once I really start moving about they drop so the oxygen helps. Hopefully I can get my lungs cleared up by my appointment next Thursday so we can get rid of the tanks and machine. Having the oxygen stuff in the bedroom isn't ideal. Plus nothing like mommy making pancakes with a tank on her back. Sometimes I just stop and marvel at what the hell this cancer stuff has done to my body. Lee of course thinks all the tanks are super cool and want me to use them all the time.

We are talking about what to do for Alex's first birthday party. Actually we are debating the theme. Dave wants Dinosaurs or Bulldozers. The kids and I want Winnie the Pooh. Once Alex starts talking these discussions are going to get interesting. I don't think Lee and Charlotte are prepared for him to have an opinion. And knowing Alex he is definitely going to express himself - the boy isn't shy.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: