Monday, July 16, 2007

Home again, home again.....











The kids and I are back from our vacation to my Dad's in AZ and the OuterBanks with the Zeitlin clan. I think we are all happy to be home in our own beds with familiar surroundings. Only thing that sucks is our AC died while we are away and I had to bunk at my moms for a night. Of course the AC went out while Dave was out of town....why does everything happen when Dave travels?

We had a wonderful time hanging out in the pool in AZ, seeing all the cousins and just relaxing. Lee and Charlotte's swimming ability has greatly increased from all the time we have spent in the water this summer. They dived right into the pool the first night we arrived - straight off the plane. I think it was about 11 PM our time but it didn't stop them from swimming.

My cough continued throughout my trip to AZ and upon my return my docs put me on steroids to help repair my lungs. I guess all that radiation has damaged them and I need to get on the mend. The drugs are helping but the cough is still lingering a bit. I hate steroids but must admit I will trade in taking them for clean scans any day. My radiation oncologist confirmed that the nodes in my left armpit did not grow and he feels that they are nothing to worry about for the time being. We can write it off as inflammation from the shingles.

So I am resting up before I return to work and trying to get rid of this cough. It is worst at night and in the morning. Not the best time to be hacking while I am trying to deal with the kids. I go back to Hopkins Monday for a follow up on the cough, my counts, and oxygen levels. I just want to get this all taken care of so I can get back to work and have a normal energy level again.

Charlotte Marie celebrates her fourth birthday this Sunday so I need to hurry up and get into bday mode! I will post more pictures of the beach later.



2 comments:

Lisa Enright said...

Good to hear from you again. Every time something happens here, Cole is also at work...it never fails! I know exactly how you feel :) Hope your cough goes away and your energy goes up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,

Have been keeping up to date about your progress by communicating with Louise.

It is wonderful to hear that you all had such a good time on vacation! Even better to hear how well you are!

Everyone we know here in the U.K. knows all about you & I have been able to shared all the great news with them!

Much love from all the Maiers

p.s. Can you believe that FINALLY we too have a GIRL in our family!!