Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fast forward to my rocker

Today as I dropped the kids, went to the doctor, and ran errands with my oxygen tank I realized I am on fast forward to my twilight years. This all began before the pneumonia when I went to the gyno for my yearly check up. I have been tested to verify early menopause, they want to do a bone scan for osteoporosis, do the baseline mammogram, and check out my ovaries. Next I land myself this lovely oxygen tank to sport around town. And finally the kicker is I am having problems with my hearing. I went to see the doctor today and she doesn't think its ear wax as I suspected but possible hearing loss. I go see my ENT on Friday to get to the bottom of it. So potentially I could be a 32 year old women with an oxygen tank, ear aide, and on estrogen. Dave's response was hurry up and go get your teeth checked so we can avoid dentures. Gotta love my husband.

This is all just comical. It cannot be anything else at this point. If I don't laugh then I might stop and really think about everything then loose my mind. I can handle the physical but I insist on keeping my sanity.

I will let everyone know whats up with the hearing as soon as I find out. But in the meantime speak up when you see me and please no smoking, static electricity, or open flames near my tank. I would hate to cause and explosion!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
You are an inspiration to me of someone that never gives up but keeps on going. When things seem tough to me I think of you and forge ahead like you have done these past months. God Bless
Delma (Louise's Friend)

Anonymous said...

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...from my favorite movie Nemo. Your strength will get you through this and your sense of humor is a gift. Thinking of you everyday and wishing happy moments with the kids, Dave, dog and family to get you through the crappy moments with the doctors, nurses, and hospitals. I hope you are not cooking pancakes on a gas stove with that thing!! Can I come make pancakes for you guyts sometime....let me know..

Laura P.

Louise said...

"I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." – Woody Allen.

Keep your chin up, and your sense of humor, Heather. Laughing at ourselves, and keeping a sense of humor can go a long way in getting through the PINTHA times in our lives.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just read about the last couple months of your life and I am absolutely speechless! You are an amazing person. Your children are beautiful and they are very lucky to have you for a mom!!!!