Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fighting for my arms/hands

I spoke to the doctors yesterday and explained I will do ANYTHING to keep my arms and hands from paralysis. We will keep me going on the high dose steroids then move forward with the 2nd round of avastin - not even waiting to scan first to see if it is working......just go ahead and do it.

The only other thing that keeps getting tossed around is doing a biopsy to make certain this isn't cancer. If it were there is nothing they can do to treat it and only do radiation to buy me time. The biopsy could also permanently paralyze me from the waist down. I am not going there, not doing the biopsy, and keeping hope alive that this can all turn itself around one day.

So we are taking a $20 K gamble on avastin right now. I just have to believe it will work. Only time will tell.

Thank you to everyone for the support and prayers.

3 comments:

Lisa Enright said...

Heather~
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles...I read with tears in my eyes. I will pray so hard for you to regain full mobility in your arms and hands. Keep your head up! Stay positive. I know it must be hard. I believe in you and your team of doctors.
Keeping hope alive with you...
lisa

Anonymous said...

Heather,
I have a 31 yr old son with primary refractory
hodgkins and I've followed your blog for some time now. I just want you to know I am praying so hard for you. I'm so glad your fighting ..., never give up.

All my love to you,Dave, and the little Z's

Jane Owen (mom to Jake Owen)

Anonymous said...

My Dear Heather,

You have every prayer, thought, and wish I have in my being that things turn around for you. Please keep up your spirits and courage. You're a fighter and you will win this battle. You have so many people who love and support you rooting you along. I look forward to a happy turnaround. I send you all of my love, Laura Colker