Monday, August 25, 2008

When will it kick in?

I am waiting for the Avastin to kick in. I think I have googled every possible combination of the question "how long will it take" and I can't find an answer.

In the meantime my symptoms are worsening. I am pretty much in a wheelchair and can walk only a few steps with my walker. Someone has to be around when I go to move from the bed to my wheelchair or if I need to shower.

Dave and I are seriously thinking about moving since he is going to break his back trying to help me down the stairs. The stairs are my enemy right now and going up/down is very painful.

So when will this medicine start working???? I pray it begins to work soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, every prayer and wish I have is for you to be better. My love to all of you.

Anonymous said...

My dear sweet niece: Your prayer is my prayer. You are an incredible human being to deal with all that has come your way. I will be thinking about you in the morning as you see Miss Charlotte off to her first day at school with her big brother to show her the way. I love you big time! Aunt Joyce

Jessica Jordan said...

Seriously, WORK WORK WORK expensive medicine! We to are praying along with you. ~ The Oregon sect of Team Heather

Anonymous said...

Dear Heather,
I just got a email from Louise this morning I had no idea things had gotten worse for you. I have never stopped praying for you and David and now especially I will be saying extra prayers for you. You are an amazing young woman and I admire your courage, strength and positive attitude, never give up your fight. There are alot of people out there praying for you strangers you don't even know. I will tell our Pator Tom at church Sunday to put you on our church prayer list. Try and stay strong and remember how special a person you are. Love to you and David and the kids they are beautiful little people. Love, Jane Ochiltree