Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Home again, home again

I apologize for the delay in posting since I have been home. We had some Internet connectivity issues that Dan has since resolved.

Many have asked what it is like to be at home - it is hard. Obviously a split level house and a wheelchair just don't get along. I am sleeping on our pull out couch on the main level and washing up in the kitchen. Those things don't bother me as much as needing to be dependent on others to get stuff done. I was such an independent person that asking for help is a hard pill to swallow.

The chair that I have been provided as a loner until my final chair arrives sucks big time! My order for the final chair is still waiting on insurance approval and I don't expect it to arrive in the 6 week time frame I was initially given.

So we are trying to make do with the living situation, sell our home, and find another to purchase. Of course selling a house during this economic climate is hard not to mention finding a home that meets our needs to purchase is even harder. We are looking everywhere and anywhere. We will most likely have to move the kids from their school; something that we don't want to do but might just not have a choice.

Being home is a mixture of good and bad. I love being around the kids and they definitely like me here as well. We just need to find a better living situation ASAP.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear news from you, Heather. Hard as it must be, being home must feel awfully good after your run of hospitals and rehab. And what a loving family you are blessed with. XO, Laura Colker

Anonymous said...

Heather: You have faced so many challenges and you have risen above them because of your kids. I know that being with them is a positive reward but there are still challenges at the house. We have you in our thoughts and prayers every day. Aunt Joyce

Anonymous said...

HEATHER,

SO PLEASED TO SEE WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU BY READING YOUR BLOG AGAIN!

I THINK ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME.

KEEP BEING AS STRONG, POSITIVE AND PATIENT AS YOU HAVE BEEN! HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL WORK OUT FOR THE BEST SOON!

LOVE,EDNA & CO.

Jessica Jordan said...

Hi cuz. Just saying hi. Hope that Halloween with the kids was fun. Costume pics please :). Did you see Tyler in his Yoda? Too cute.

Man, can you believe tomorrow is finally election day? My mom is helping pick up democratic ballots for people who can't get out to drop them off. Go mom! I bet the vibe in Washington is so crazy ... it would be fun to be there. Here's to change (PLEASE) !!!

Anonymous said...

GO OBAMA!