Thursday, August 2, 2007

I am back from Hopkins and it is official - I don't have valley fever. Just pneumonia. My oxygen levels are better but my doc wants to keep me on the O2 for another week then check again. I am done with my meds for the pneumonia. I am still on the steroids and I guess my immune system is at higher risk due to them. So now it is a wait and see if I spiral back into sickness in which case I call the docs asap. Also need to resort back to less public interaction maybe until I get of the steroids.

My hearing loss is the next issue to deal with. I have my ENT appointment tomorrow so hopefully we can get to the bottom of it fast. My oncologist said it is a possible side effect of everything I have gone through, including these latest meds, but it is rare. So I am thinking I just have some infection/blockage my primary doctor couldn't see.

Oh yeah I also got the official report that I am in menopause. At least I only suffered for a couple months with hot flashes. Not too bad considering many women go through years of crap. Does this mean my over the hill party can be moved to 33 instead of waiting around for 40?

So I am resting in between raising the kids and going to endless doctors appointments. I feel better but not 100%. I guess I haven't felt 100% in long time. It is funny since people see me and always say how great I look....what a little bit of hair and a suntan does for your overall appeal in society.

I will post tomorrow about the hearing loss. In the meantime my oncologist said no swimming. Do these people not understand I have a fish for a son? I guess they didn't give me a scuba tank anyway so why do I ask these questions? I always forget my limitations and just want to do my normal life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Heather! Not being able to hear well must be particularly frustrating. Hopefully whatever is causing it will clear up soon, along with the pneumonia. We're thinking about you and keeping you in our prayers.
Love,
Justine C.
(Love to Michele too!)