Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Going home!

I am so excited - I get to go home tomorrow! Michele picks me up at 11 AM and I am a free women.

I went home both days over the weekend and did come to the realization that the transition to home will be hard but not something that I can't overcome. I will have physical therapy and occupational therapy folks coming to the house most likely starting early next week. My therapist here at rehab said they will be very helpful in making the house work for the time being. Our goal is still to move as soon as possible. Not sure if everyone knows but the original house we made an offer on fell through - it had serious issues that we became aware of during the home inspection. So we are looking for a new place and still trying to sell ours. Not the best of times to be selling a home but we have had a lot of traffic over the weekends and are hopeful it won't take too long. I think the bigger challenge might be finding a place that meets our needs.

A bigger and exciting development that just happened this evening is I moved my right toe. It is a small movement but still movement! I have not been able to move my right toe for some time. I am hoping this is still more positive news that things are turning around.



So

7 comments:

Duane said...

Positive news indeed!! Welcome back home, Heather.

Anonymous said...

so happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Toe that line, Heather! What wonderful news. XO, Laura Colker

Jessica Jordan said...

Can't wait for an update from the home front. Amazing about the toe! Bummer about the house but so good you caught the problems BEFORE you bought it.

Unknown said...

Fantastic news - enjoy being home! Sorry to hear the house fell through but echo Jessica, better to catch it before buying.

Jessica Jordan said...

how's it going at home?

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather,
I saw Maria at the Costco and she told me your house fell through, I was so sorry to hear that. A little wiggle at at time!!

Kathleen