Thursday, October 2, 2008

Praise God

I had my MRI yesterday and the results are back and they are wonderful! My neurologist said the Avastin is working. I was so excited to hear him- so much I think I most definitely missed everything he said. Essentially things are shrinking and we are finally getting somewhere with all this neurological stuff. He really does have hope that I will walk again one day - that hope is contagious for sure. He said he has not lost hope for my legs!!!!

So my doc has to figure out the best timing for the next dose of Avastin and how much the next round should be. We are also going to abandon the high dose steroids to see if the Avastin is doing the trick or if it is the combination of the two drugs. I welcome a break from steroids. They have puffed out my face like a chipmunk and my weight is out of control. Medically speaking he is worried about my bone density since I am already osteopenic and quite possibly have osteoporosis - both of which are not ideal for when I go to walk again some day.

So I thank god for giving me this glorious day, my wonderful family, and renewed hope. I am living proof that releasing yourself into god's hands deliverers great rewards. I have Alex and now the possibility to walk again one day.

I am headed back to physical therapy rehab tomorrow morning. Hopefully for one or two weeks. I am excited just to be near home so I can see the kids more often. Plus I am ready to regain the strength I lost from this pneumonia.

What a great day. Life is good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a big smile on my face for you and your lovely family :)

Here's to walking again,
Jane Owen

Anonymous said...

Heaher,
Another proof that God is in control and that miracles do happen when you have have the faith. You are still in my prayers and thoughts daily.
Delma (Louise's friend)

Anonymous said...

What FANTASTIC news, Heather!!

I got quite choked-up reading your latest blog!

Just keep improving!

All my love to all the Zeitlins,
Aunt Edna

Anonymous said...

Heather: You are amazing. how could that little girl crawling on Papa Lee's lap be a young woman as strong as you are? I truly is a miracle.............just what we have been praying for.....how amazing that the "guesses" that is is the right treatment by your docs has proven to be the best route they could have taken. God be praised....and you be blessed. We love you....and all the z's .... Aunt Joyce

Anonymous said...

yesssssssssssss
I was waiting for this news!!