Friday, October 10, 2008

Light bulb moment!

So my body must have turned on some light bulb and told my muscles to wake up because I am feeling a lot stronger today. It is that or simply my pure motivation to get the hell out of here. I bumped up stairs yesterday, worked my butt off in the gym, and today started getting back in my chair from the floor (with the assistance of some foam blocks).

So my therapist are releasing me Thursday - 6 days to be exact! I am going on a home pass Saturday and Sunday so this time should fly by.

Once home an occupational therapist and physical therapist will come out and help me adjust to getting around the house. Then I will do out patient rehab for who knows how long.

With all the stretching, getting dressed, working out, and undressed the days just fly by. I wonder when my full time job will not include my health.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you're going home!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are headed home later this week. I will be in Vegas for work 19-25, but other than that I am free to help out when the boys are at school, after Dave gets home (around 4ish most days) and we are both around weekends. Ask anytime, you know I am happy to do it! If you want to go to Larriland to the pumpkin patch or Dave is going with the kids, let me know we would love to accompany him, we will probably go the 18th before I leave or 26th when I get back.

Michele and Dave Peake

Anonymous said...

Home Sweet Home!! I know you are looking forward to getting there!!

I think about you everyday and pray things just keep getting better.

Stay Strong,
Kathleen

Unknown said...

I've been sick for a while, Heather, and am just getting caught up on your blog. What a joy to read that the Avastin is working. With your will and courage, you will definitely walk again! I pray for the day when all of this will be behind you. In the mean time, you have those three gorgeous angels to keep you going. XOXO, Laura Colker