Saturday, April 21, 2007

5 more to go

Last Tuesday wrapped up my original radiation and my boost started on Thursday. I actually got Wednesday off!

I only have a total of 7 boost treatments so that means only next week and 5 more to go. On Thursday I got the lab results back from my latest blood draw. My counts are down and I am close to neutropenic again. They are going to check me again next week. If they go much further down I have to begin taking another antiboitic, wear the mask, avoid the public areas, and stear clear of the kids if they are sick. Since the boost radiation is higher up on my chest and neck I am praying it doesn't effect my counts as much. I dread low counts and hold out hope that they will bounce back soon.

Daves birthday is this week and we plan to celebrate next weekend with the family. I can't believe it is the end of April. Were does the time go?

No comments: