Monday, August 13, 2007

7 year itch

Dave and I celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary today. I don't think we are itching, at least I am not, but maybe I should check in with Dave to see if he is feeling squirmy. Since we have been together 13 years I always feel like our wedding anniversary is kind of a sidebar. I still can't believe the guy I meet in Morgantown, at a party, when I was 19 yrs old is the guy I ended up sticking with, having 3 kids with, and loving to be with so much. Dave is by far the person I have a blast with, hands down, any night of the week. We have have fun doing just about anything together or nothing at all. I hope my kids find someone they fit with as much as I do with their dad.

I won't sugar coat things here however. This cancer bull s#&t has tested us. We have our issues, we fight, we probably could use a couple of sessions on the couch to deal with the residual of these past couple of years. Who wouldn't? But I am impressed at how well we have gotten through everything. I guess Dave takes his vows seriously when he said in sickness and in health. Looking back I was insistent on that line since my mom had been sick with breast cancer. A little foreshadowing on my part perhaps. Hopefully the years of sickness are behind us and we can have the rest in health. I scanned some pictures of us in college, Atlanta, the wedding. A nice blast from the past. I wonder if this would intrigue my husband enough to actually visit my blog?

























Update on the medical stuff. Tomorrow is my follow up ENT appointment. My hearing is actually getting worse and I can't hear in my other ear now. I imagine my ENT will want to do the tubes. I called up to Hopkins and they suggest waiting to do the procedure after I am off the steroids. Since steroids lower your immune system and masks any fever.....blah blah.... Fine by me I am pretty much against the tube idea and want to wait. I just see it as another possible set of complications and don't want that right now. I am feeling more tired since my steroids are tapering off and guess that my congestion is getting worse because of the taper as well. I just want to play it safe, rest, and take the antibiotics in hopes that it will go away. I will not do anything to jeopardize being present at Alex's first birthday. If that means avoiding the tubes and dealing with this hearing loss then so be it. I REFUSE to miss another kids birthday.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Heather,

Its been some time since I got in touch. I have just been catching up on all your latest postings.
Glad everything seems to be going pretty well. Love the old photos!

Werner & I just had our 49th anniversary, which I finf hard to believe, so our early photos are really "antique"!

All the family send their love, Edna

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary! Lots of Love to you all
Aunt Linda and Uncle Keith

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I cannot believe how fast those 7 years have gone by, the life changes, experiences, and all that.

Cheers to all of you from Austin!
Anne