Sunday, August 5, 2007

Hearing update

I visited my ENT on Friday and I do not have permanent hearing loss. Rather I have a sinus infection that is causing fluid to back up behind my ear drum. My ENT put me back on the antibiotics my oncologist just took me off of. The drugs helped with my pneumonia but I need to stay on them longer to clear up the sinus infection. If the antibiotics don't resolve the fluid thing they will put a tube in. It is a wait and see for about 2 weeks. There is a good chance I will have to have the tubes but I am hoping not since it comes with a set of possible complications I don't want to take. Anything that is straight forward for the majority of the population is so not for me. My immune system and body are just beaten up a bit and I need to take as many precautions as I can. Oh well - slow and stead is my game plan. I am a tortoise.....repeat...don't get ahead of yourself....you are a tortoise. I think this mantra will keep me from any more hospital stays.

We had a great weekend with the kids. Alex is getting so BIG. He is everywhere and closer to walking each day. We have finally decided for his birthday we will fill the house with balloons. He is obsessed with balloons so this will make him happier than any present we can think of.

No comments: