Friday, August 24, 2007

No more O2

That's right I am off the oxygen tank - yipee! I had my 6 month post SCT (transplant) appointment today at Hopkins. My lungs quote still sound like crap (my doctor is young) but I am breathing better and he got that damm monkey off my back. My PET scan shows the sinus and lung infection but other than that I am clean as a whistle. My counts are dropping again so I have to go back for a follow up in two weeks. He is also concerned about my meds from the ENT and I have to monitor my fever now that I am finally done with the steroids. I must admit I will miss them since they give me a nice pick me up to deal with the kids. My energy is in the crapper without them.

I will get scanned again in three months. He actually said he will scan me every 3 months until May of 2009. A little overkill in my book but Dave is happy they are following me so closely. I guess since I had THE crappiest of lymphomas then I get special attention. I mentioned that I know some fellow HD patients that get Valium around scan time and he was ready to whip out his scrip pad and hook me up. I am not ready for the drugs just yet. Hopefully they will get easier and I won't loose sleep, have the nightmares, and worry for about a week. If that doesn't end I guess the drugs would help. Especially since going back to work and taking care of the little z's isn't going to allow for a week of scan crap.

Lee meet his teacher today and thankfully is the same teacher he had his evaluation with in May. We also saw his room, seat assignment, and took the whole school tour. He is ready to go and I think getting a little excited. I think mom and grandma are more anxious and emotional about this Monday than him sometimes. I always thought that Alex would be the hardest since he is the baby but sending Lee is not a walk in the park.

Things are going well and I am thanking god, knocking on wood, and counting my blessings.

I will post pictures Monday of Lee's first day and pictures Tuesday of Lex's birthday.

1 comment:

Louise said...

Was about to head to bed, decided to check your blog to see how things are
... wow, I can go to sleep with happy thoughts that you no longer have that appendage attached to you, how great is that, and of course good news on your clean scan. Keep up the good work ..

NOW, DON'T START OVERDOING IT, OK??? Keep doing what you're doing, and each day things will get even better.

And we are all thanking God, knocking on wood, lighting candles,
whatever takes, Heather.

What better birthday present for Alex then having mommy doing better. See ya' at the party, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!