Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tubes, scan, and Alex

Okay so I got the tubes today. My ENT assured me that it would 1) help me hear 2) drain my fluid behind my ear drum/help my infection and 3) not make me miss Alex's birthday. Number three is my biggest issue. I will be there for his first birthday come hell or high water. I have missed enough of this little guys first year I won't miss the birthday. The hearing I have learned to deal with. Amazingly I can already hear better and did as soon as he put the tubes in. Now everything is so loud!

Number 2- I still have my sinus infection and the extra time on the antibiotics did squat. My infection actually go worse. The ENT also thinks whatever is going on in my sinus is definitely draining down into my lungs and holding up the show in that healing too. Since I am still on the O2 I gather my lung infection isn't completely gone. I need to get a pulmonologist and get all this sorted out. Better yet I need a good general practitioner to help me with everything. I have way to many doctors, doctor appointments, scans, follow ups, and medical issues these days. I just want to go to one person that knows what the hell they are talking about and refers me only when necessary. Is that too much to ask? And oh yeah I don't want this person to reside in Baltimore!

I am actually going to call back up to Hopkins tomorrow about my scan this Friday. Since I have all this infection going on right now why the hell do I need to get this PET? It is going to be skewed by my lungs and sinus - so can we just skip it for now? Or do I really need to go through another false positive ordeal again? I remember last time my oncologist did this and it sucked. I guess if I light up life a freaking Christmas tree then okay it makes sense. But instead it will be this whole gray area crap that we will have to wait for the next scan to sort out. So why not just skip this one? I doubt he will agree with my oversimplified logic and not let me off the hook but I have to at least try. God I would hate to be a doctor and deal with pain in the ass patients like me.

I was thinking about my recovery time and how I still need to rest (be that turtle) right now so I can get on with life. You would think not working would present itself with this abundance of time to rest and relax. But I have found between my doctors appointments and the kids I get about 1 or 2 days a week of actually resting. Yesterday was my one day this week and I actually got a nap. Next week Dave is out of town again so I am back to single parent mode. Oh well, it is what it is.

I think Lee got these pictures of Alex in bull dozer/king kong mode. He doesn't just play with toys he thinks he needs to climb and stand on them. Enjoy!

No comments: