Thursday, October 18, 2007

BOOP

I had a good appointment with my doctor yesterday. All the tests are in from the broncoscopy and I do not have any infections in my lungs. I am responding very well to the steroids and my lungs sound better. I can sit around and not need the oxygen support but once I get up and start moving I need the help.

Since he didn't do a biopsy this time he isn't 100% on the diagnosis but he is leaning towards Bronchiolitis Obliterans Organizing Pneumonia or BOOP. He thinks this is what I had back in July as well and it returned recently because I was not on the steroids long enough. So this time I get to stay on the steroids for about 3 months slowly tapering down starting this Saturday. The breathing can get worse if I taper too quickly or it just might come back period. We will have to wait and see. I think around turkey day is the time frame that I need to be mindful of things. I will have to tell Dave to keep an eye on me around then - I am always the last one to see my self going down the slippery slope of sickness.

My next PET scan is coming up in November. I would like to skip these test forever but I suppose that wouldn't be looked upon kindly by the oncologist. I just want to assume the big C is gone forever and be done with everything.

No comments: