Sunday, October 7, 2007

thank god that is over

So I had my broncoscopy on Friday. I will be happy if I never have to have another one of those again - but I am not getting my hopes up too high. It went okay. Basically I was shaky coming out of the anesthesia. The doctor was debating admitting me but once I caught wind that he was on his way back to check me out I pulled my crap together so I could go home. I promised Lee that I was coming home and I couldn't break my promise. With Dave being out of town the kids are super sensitive right now. The know I am sick and Daddy's gone - not a good mix. So I got home Friday and slept the rest of the day away and got better.

The doctor called Friday night and essentially he said the tests don't show pneumonia. I do have a minor infection, not sure what, put he put me on steroids plus 2 antibiotics. I started the steroids yesterday morning and am enjoying the minor steroid buzz. It definitely helps with my energy level. So the doctors thinks it's a return of the radiation inflammation. If the steroids don't work within 2 weeks then we have to discuss other invasive measures to see what's going on in the lungs. Pretty much they would have to cut me open.

So pray the steroids work! If they do work I stay on them for 2-3 months.

Right now my goal is to get better for the kids annual Halloween party at the end of the month. I managed to throw it last year in the middle of chemo so I should be able to get my act together medically this year. I will definitely recruit my mom to bake up a storm and help decorate.

My mom and sister have been a lifesaver. With Dave gone I have no clue how I would have managed without them. I can't thank them enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,
You have to be one of the bravest persons ever. Your faith and positive attitude will get you through. You will remain in my prayers every night.
Delma (Louise's friend)

Lisa Enright said...

Hey Heather...Hang in there! Hopefully the steroids will help clear this up and you will be on your way to throwing a SPOOKTACULAR Halloween party! I will keep you in my prayers.