Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween party

This was our 3rd Halloween party for the kids. Of course Dave and I didn't take any pictures or video so we will have to rely upon family and friends to send in pictures. I am positive Dave's mom got a ton of pictures and will post some once she emails them over. My sister, mom, and Dave's parents helped pull it all together and I couldn't have done it without them. Seems like everyone had a good time and we will do it again next year.

I am focusing on resting this week. I have to go get another PET scan in a couple of weeks to make sure the cancer is still gone for good. Since my oncologist wants to check me every 3 months I better get used to the anxiety of test time. My doc has offered up some meds to deal with anxiety.......I don't think I am there yet and hopefully will never need it. It is nice to know that it is out there just in case I start loosing too much sleep.

I also get the lungs checked again in a few weeks to make sure the inflammation is on the decline. So with some rest and relaxation I should be getting closer to the goal of 100% healthy by January.

In the meantime life goes on. We get to trick or treat this week, eat candy, hang out with family, and enjoy some more nice weather in the DC area. Life is good.

1 comment:

Louise Z. said...

You stay upbeat and positive, Heather, we're all proud of you and love you!!!