Monday, September 15, 2008

Freedom pass

My trip up to Baltimore was very long. Mom and I were gone from about 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The avastin was uneventful and I don't even need pre meds for nausea. That is good news!

Friday night Dave brought the kids over for pizza and a movie. We are trying to make our life as normal as possible and setting up a routine to see one another so the kids don't freak out.

Saturday Dave came in the morning with the kids and we were able to use the playground here. It is all accessible for the kid patients so Alex had a ball. The family stuck around for my occupational therapy and they are very open in including them which is wonderful. I did an endurance test in my chair and had to wheel over the the other hospital, maneuver the gift shop, and then back. It was a solid hour of wheeling my chair around. If I would have know I would have let Dave push me more when the kids were here in the morning. I wrapped up the day with weight training and then early bed.



Sunday the doctors granted me a day pass home. We took the kids to a museum and then back to the house for the remainder of the day. Since our house is a split I could only access the first floor, kitchen, living room and outside driveway. It was wonderful just to be home and see the kids, eat real food, and hang out. I got back to the hospital late and tired but well worth seeing my kids and dave.

Continue to pray the Avastin works and that my symptoms stay at bay. Thanks to everyone for the kind notes, cards, flowers, and prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEATHER,

STAY AS POSITIVE AS YOU ARE!

HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL GET BETTER & EASIER THAN THEY ARE NOW!

MUCH LOVE, EDNA (once a Zeitlin always a Zeitlin)

Jessica Jordan said...

You are going to have a strong upper body! Glad you got to visit home for a day.

Jessica Jordan said...

Hope you are having a great weekend.