Saturday, September 6, 2008

Prayers are working!!

I heard from my spectacular neurologist and it appears that my insurance has initially approved the Avastin treatments! I read the email, called Dave, and just cried. I know our family was willing to find the money no matter what but this is such a relief to me I cannot thank god enough.

My doc is warning me that insurance has been known to change their minds but for right now we are approved and moving forward. I will get my second Avastin treatment next week. They will put me back in the ambulance, drive me up to Baltimore, drug me up, and return me back to rehab.

Of course I continue to pray that the Avastin actually works for me but this is such a good sign, gives me renewed hope, confirmation of my faith, and finally possibly a turn around for me and this diagnosis.

So THANK YOU to everyone that has reached out to me, our family, prayed, sent good thoughts, vibes or whatever it is you do! It is working I can just feel it.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alleluia! You are right that it would have happened regardless but this is fantastic news for you! A positive sign indeed....the first of many yet to come. John enjoyed his visit yesterday, said you are ready for the Indianapolis 500 races any day. I just got back from picking him up at the airport....he got out of Dodge before the winds kicked up from Hanna. Tell Charlotte he passed on her hug to me! Will keep those prayers coming your way. Aunt Joyce

Anonymous said...

Amen to what your Aunt Joyce just said.

LMZ

Anonymous said...

Heather, I can almost hear the sound of optimism in your virtual voice. I know that that spirit will help you fight back and emerge triumphantly. And BTW, the prayers for you are nonstop. XOXO, Laura Colker

Matthew said...

Awesome! ~ The Jordans

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! I was so happy to read this!! xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Heather,
What great news! I don't send comments often, but please know that you are in my prayers daily (sometimes hourly). You are the bravest young woman I know. I pray for your healing, strength, optimism, and recovery.
Love, Michael Jordan (Matt's daddy)

Anonymous said...

Heather, we are new to your blog but you have always been in our thoughts and prayers. Every night at dinner Bob, James and I say a special prayer for you.I am so happy you got some good news. You are an incredible woman, an inspiration and we will continue to keep you in our prayers. Cathy

Anonymous said...

I know this is Heather's blogg, but I need to stick my two cents in and say to all of you; friends, family, and acquaintances, thank you, thank you, thank you for all your love, support, prayers and good wishes on Heather's behalf.

Those prayers are finally kicking in, and with those prayers, and Heather being Heather, there's nothing that she can't accomplish, and make happen.

Heather, Dan and I are so darn proud of you!!! It was great to visit you today, we enjoyed it so much, we hated to leave.

Louise

Anonymous said...

That's such great news Heather! I will continue to think about you and send good vibes your way. You will recover from this, I just know it!

Sheila J.