Monday, September 1, 2008

Get me out of here!!!!

So I have come to the end of my rope with my stay at Hopkins Bayview Medical Campus. The nurses are great, the doctors top notch, but I just need some fresh air and change of scenery. My roomie is getting on my last neve and I couldn't have survived this long without my headphones and music. How much time can a human sit in a room (share it no less) without fresh air and go insane. I need to remind myself of the transplant days and get some perspective.

So by this Wednesday, pray to god, I will be transported to the National Rehabilitation Hospital in Washington DC. It is only about 20 minutes from home and my stay should last about a week. From what I hear they do about 3 hrs of physical therapy daily to teach me how to deal with my new mobility. I think they have resources to come to the house and check out what could help, get me a better wheelchair, and have some shrinks on hand in case I am getting nuts. As long as I can have some freedom with my chair and get fresh air hopefully I will stay sane.

There is just so much hurricane and Sarah Palin coverage once can watch on TV. I need freedom!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather. First of all I don't know what to say other than I've been thinking about you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do, even though I'm miles away.

Secondly, I will be in Va. for a short trip in about a week and a half. I'd love to see you if you're up for it. I'll drop you an email with the specifics.

In the meantime, hang in there. Things will improve, I just know it.

Sheila J.

Anonymous said...

Heather, I'm thinking of you and praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Heather,
Lori passed along your blog, and I wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you will be able to be home with your family soon and the Avastin helps.
~Kat

Duane said...

Hi Heather,

It sounds like the new facility will be a welcome relief. Now that Gustav is not a threat anymore, let's hope there's some more enjoyable programs on tv.

Thinking about you at this challenging time.

I'll continue to check in. :)

Jessica Jordan said...

Glad you got some outdoor time yesterday. Much needed I am sure! I think outside time should be mandatory in hospitals. Hopefully Dave can work his magic and get the transfer rolling.