Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Still no move

I am still in Baltimore waiting to transfer to DC for rehab hospital. I broke down, let it out, made some waves and moved on. I am fairly certain I will go tomorrow but worse case scenario I should be moved Friday. Being a type A personality with no tolerance for bull shit is not the recipe for success in a hospital. At least the darn doctor that said I would leave yesterday came in today and apologized for getting my hopes up. I think all medical professionals need to do a mandatory stay in the hospital so they get it.

Taking charge of my situation (with the help of Dave and my good doctor) got me another visit from physical therapy here. The therapist gave me exercises to do and a game plan on what to work on while I am killing time. I finally feel like I am doing something. Since I have numbness and lost of sensation in my lower abdomen I need to strengthen my muscles to regain my balance. It is scary since I feel like I am going to fall flat on my face but I just need to keep trying.

I also got off my duff, in my chair, grabbed my wallet, and got myself a good cup of coffee downstairs. I only spilled half of it trying to make it outside to enjoy the fresh air but it was so worth the spill. I also took a trip downstairs again tonight before dinner to get more fresh air. Why don't they make windows that open in hospitals?

I am doing better and my mental health has had a bounce with the help of Dave, my wonderful doctor, and faith.

Keep the prayers coming. Maybe the Avastin will kick in overnight and I can get up and walk out of here!!!! Worth the prayers even if it is a long shot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!

Anonymous said...

You've got all the prayers you'll ever need coming your way. Hang in there, Heather. XOXO, Laura Colker

Anonymous said...

I'm using everything in my Catholic aresnenal,sending positive thoughts, wishes on stars, and all good vibes from Austin! Anne

Lisa Enright said...

Many prayers..glad to hear you got out and about a bit.

Linda said...

You hang in there. You have the strength and the spirit to do this. We all are behind you with love and prayers for you, Dave and the kids.
Aunt Linda