Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Day + 36

Update first. My liver functions are still coming down (good thing) and I only have those 2 pesky functions that need to enter normal range. My other counts are holding steady. Nothing impressive but I didn't need platelets again today so good news! I need all my whites, reds, and platelets to come way up but in time. I get tomorrow away from the joint and then back again on Friday. I am hoping they will load me up Friday and send me home for the weekend. If I only have to do 3 days a week wouldn't that be spectacular!

I also got my radiation appointment set for 2 weeks from now. I am keeping the momentum going and not letting up on this cancer for one second. Next I will zap it with radiation and kick it into remission once and for all.

For those of you who don't know my family is littered with cancer survivors and a couple that didn't win the fight. My mom, aunts, uncle, grandfathers....they all inspire me to keep moving forward. The survivors give me the knowledge that I will definitely beat this cancer - my mom, aunt and uncle did - why can't I?! The ones we have lost I feel are with me encouraging me that this is not my time, not yet; I have too many babies to leave my mark on. My sister and I talk about this stuff frequently and she is such a good counselor for me. Nothing like sisters to get you through tough times.

Dave and I were talking about the months ahead. After radiation, headed into the summer, maybe I could actually return to work and pay back all these folks that keep donating me leave. Payback my wonderful office for being so understanding during all this treatment. I have to say I must have the most understanding director in the entire world. The entire Baldrige staff, my sisters colleagues, people I don't even know in Oregon, mom's friends....you have all shown me such support I can never fully repay you. Dave and I are truly thankful for all the donated leave. It has supported our family this entire time and we estimate will keep us going until March. THANK YOU!!!!!!

I just can't thank everyone enough. What a fabulous day - I love racking up these good days 1 day at a time.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound great Heather. Keep on fighting. It's so good to keep hearing good news.

Ezra

Anonymous said...

Hey, Heather, you can and you WILL win this battle!!! Now, really rest on your day off.

Linda said...

Remember its all in the attitude! Yours is right on track
Lots of Love and prayers
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

Heather--my lenten discipline this year is to write about 3 blessings in my life every day. Hearing such good news about your continued steady state is certainly going on the list tonight! Juli S from Portland (Jessica's other mother)

Alan said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Yes, 33 million at one time is amazing! They tell me I must have good bones. I've been following you and I've been very worried but it sounds like things are working out for you. I've kept you and your family in my prayers.

I'm home and my Katie came out to the meet me in the drive and just sobbed. I'm glad to be home even if it's till this Sunday. Getting admitted on Tuesday.

Blessings Heather!

Anonymous said...

Good Thursday Heather! And even better to read your continued good news. The note from Jessica's other mom....is the same lady who sent you the prayer shawl. She is an RN, our old neighbor and was my right hand person through all my treatment....I know the power of her prayers. And the truth is...you inspire us more than we do you with your positive will do attitude. Your Mom and I are counting on your being around to take care of us in our dotage. (smile at that thought) ..and then you will rethink the "payback" idea! Seriously you have the power within you to survive this and the rest of us are frosting on the cake..cheering you on. Lots of love, Aunt J

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! It was so good to talk with you and to catch up. I am really looking forward to see you soon! I know that your strength and your determination is going to get you through this. I will be in touch, Heather and will look forward to that visit.