Friday, February 9, 2007

Sister posting again

UPDATE HERE!!I just spoke to my mother (who is at the hospital) and would like to pass along Heather's latest news for today (in case she will not have a chance to do so herself). In the past twenty-four hours, Heather's problems with her liver have begun to stabilize and she has stopped gaining water weight. If her symptoms continue to level off, the doctors anticipate that her VOD will be "moderate". Relatively speaking, this is good news. The not-so-good news is that the pain has increased and she has graduated to morphine to manage the pain. According to my Mom, the morphine leaves Heather more coherent than before.Despite these problems with the liver, the doctors want to avoid delaying radiation. Heather will meet with her radiation oncologist later today to discuss the next steps on this front.I just have to exclaim that my sister is truly a fighter and I am prouder of her than I have ever been in my life! I know I speak for Heather when I say, once again, thank you all for the support. Life is a team sport and Heather has a great team.Michele

I posted my sisters comments from the comment posting field. I am still out of it and need her or others to post for me if they want updates daily. Only difference from what she said above is we did meet with the radiation oncologist - my mom took notes since I was in a lot of pain at the time. I have graduated from Morphine to whatever the next drug is called and it is working better.

HZ
February 8, 2007 10:22 AM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in....to let you know that we are thinking of you and praying for you, Dave and the kids. I am sitting here looking at the picture of the 3 munchkins that Jessica framed for me for x-mas. What a fan club you have...led by those sweet little faces. We love you! Aunt Joyce and Uncle John PS when you are ready to check email again you will have some of Uncle John's latest jokes to laugh at....he never stops!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best Heather. You are trooper and I know you will pull through this. You have three little ones that are very anxious for you to come home and a loving husband, too. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks so much for the updates from your Sister.