Monday, May 21, 2007

Creepy crawlies are gone

We are a lice free household again. I will have to treat the kids again before the weekend to make sure everything is dead but we should be in the clear. All of their teddy bears are clean and some came out of the dryer with a new hairdo.

I am trying to remind myself daily (hourly) to chill out during these few remaining weeks before my PET scan. The test is always out there looming over my head. When people ask how I am doing it's kind of like - well we find out in June if all the treatment worked. Essentially over one years worth of treatment will either pass or fail come this June. I can't say enough how much I pray this journey with cancer is over. I am quite honestly done with cancer. I don't want to talk about it, go to the appointments, get any more treatments - none of it! I am such a pain in the ass when I have to go to Hopkins now. I am sure they feel the same way about me - let's get here the heck out of our hair.

I know a couple people that are gearing up for mini transplants and I cringe at the thought. The mini is what the docs recommend if my PET comes back poorly. It would require me living in Baltimore near Hopkins for 2 months. Definitely not the way I plan to spend my summer vacation.

I will continue to try to chill out, enjoy the kids, Dave, and life. What will be will be - no sense in worrying about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather: You continue to amaze me with your wonderful sense of humor, you attitude towards all of this and the energy you continue to put into the kids. Your inner strength phenomenal. Enjoy these wonderful days with the family....Que sera, sera. Love, Aunt Joyce

Anonymous said...

Julian of Norwich said it nicely, "And all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well." It's a nice mantra. Juli

Anonymous said...

If only your sister could say that her house was "bug free," life would really be on a positive track. UJ